Richardson Sprinkler Repair
Have you ever been walking through a lawn that has a sprinkler system and suddenly stepped on a really wet and overly-saturated spot in the lawn? There’s a good chance that this indicates there is most likely a leak right in that area.
There are several signs that you might be in need of sprinkler repair. We’re going to go over a few things to look for when you suspect that there might be some issues. This is not a complete list of all possible problems, but it will definitely get you going in the right direction with self-diagnosing your irrigation system.
These type of issues cannot only be costly, but can also damage your lawn by causing sinkholes, clogs, and nasty water, among other things.
Finding & Fixing Leaks in Your Irrigation System
- First, you’ll want to visually inspect your lawn. You’ll start by looking for differences in water pressure while the system is on. You’ll also want to look for mold and mildew on the lawn, along with damage to plants from fungus.
- Look at the color of the grass in your lawn. If there are areas in your lawn that are much greener above water lines, this is a good indication of a water leak.
- Check for depressed areas in the lawn, as well as bubbling water, while the system is running.
- Look to see if the water coming from your system is clear. If your sprinkler system is spraying dirty water, this is one of the more obvious signs that there is damage somewhere that is allowing dirt to get into the system
- Look for obvious signs of animal damage from digging. So now that you’ve identified where the system is damaged, how do you fix it?
- Dig until you find the issue – Identify sprinkler heads that aren’t spraying quite right, or that make the ground very soggy around it. Then carefully dig around where you suspect the damage is.
- Finally, perform regular maintenance so that this continues to work correctly
Following these steps can help minimize the amount of money you have to spend on professional sprinkler repair. If all else fails, call a Richardson professional to ensure that the system does not become more damaged.
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription